Accessibility Statement for Bloomsbury Professional Online
Bloomsbury Professional is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Bloomsbury Professional takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Bloomsbury Professional Online:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Bloomsbury Professional Online is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Bloomsbury Professional Online. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Bloomsbury Professional Online:
- Phone: +44 (0) 1444 416119
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor address: 31 Bedford Avenue, London, WC1B 3AT UK
- Postal address: 31 Bedford Avenue, London, WC1B 3AT UK
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bloomsbury-professional; Twitter: @BloomsburyPro for all the tweets from our UK legal and tax accounts in one place, @BloomsburyLegal for legal news and products, @BloomsburyTax for tax news and products, @BloomsburyIRE for Irish legal and tax news and products
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Bloomsbury Professional Online is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Currently supported web browsers on updated versions of Windows, Macintosh, Linux, IoS and Android
Bloomsbury Professional Online is not compatible with:
- Unsupported web browsers and operating systems which have not been updated for 12 months or more
Accessibility of Bloomsbury Professional Online relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Bloomsbury Professional Online, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Bloomsbury Professional Online:
- Insufficient Contrast: Some of the links in the footer of the homepage are grey which is not a sufficiently high contrast. This has been scheduled for change in the next site upgrade. Please email customer services if you encounter an issue.
- Empty Link: There are some occurrences of empty links - i.e. links without text. This has been scheduled for change in the next site upgrade. Please email customer services if you encounter an issue.
- Tab Focus: Links do not display a border when tabbed through. This has been scheduled for change in the next site upgrade. Please email customer services if you encounter an issue.
Bloomsbury Professional assessed the accessibility of Bloomsbury Professional Online by the following approaches:
An evaluation report for Bloomsbury Professional Online is available at: https://wave.webaim.org/report#/https://www.bloomsburyprofessionalonline.com/bpro/newsitem/3003/last-chance-for-earlybird-tickets-to-our-property-tax-conference-2020.
This statement was created on 20 August 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.