Business, the Internet and the Law
The influential and highly practical looseleaf service covers all the practicalities of going on-line, including subjects as diverse as hiring a web designer, contracting with internet service providers, preparing a web page and introducing an email policy for employees.
The key features include:
- Information on all relevant EU law
- Details on foreign case decisions in relation to domain names and trademarks covering US, French and Spanish cases
- Many examples of Internet contracts included together with examples of how to word relevant clauses
- An important set of appendices that include internet contracts
- Web page design guidelines
- Copyright permission notices
- Website disclaimers and privacy policies
- Important taxation issues
- A section on interception of emails
Content includes: getting online in business; the domain name and trade marks; copyright and database rights; security, confidentiality and employment issues; buying web services; internet shopping; internet advertising; payment for goods and services; employer liability and defamation; data protection, hacking, security and ISP liability; jurisdiction; and taxation.
Up to date to Issue 56, April 2019