A unique and invaluable guide for all practitioners that advise on the enforcement of high-value money judgments. Commercial Enforcement provides systematic, practical guidance on the process of preparing for and successfully applying for the various methods of High Court enforcement. This text contains a detailed analysis of the legal issues and underlying case law surrounding each method of enforcement, providing essential background materials and commentary.
New for this edition:
- The development of the Effective Enforcement White Paper in the form of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.
- The Court of Appeal's decisions in Masri v Consolidated Contractors International Co SAL [2008 EWCA Civ 303 and  EWCA Civ 876 in respect of the appointment of a receiver in respect of foreign assets by way of equitable execution (distinguishing the House of Lords' decision in Société Eram), and in respect of CPR Part 71.
- Carnegie v Giessen  EWCA Civ 191 on charging orders to secure an amount expressed in a foreign currency.
- AIG Capital Partners v Kazakhstan  EWHC 2239 (Comm) and Westacre Investments v Yugoimport  EWHC 801 (Comm) in respect of third party debt orders.
- Gater Assets v Nak Naftogaz Ukrainiy  EWHC 1108 (Comm), and Seventh Earl of Malmesbury v Strutt and Parker (a firm)  EWHC 616 (QB) in respect of interest on judgments.