MacQueen and Thomson on Contract Law in Scotland
Provides a comprehensive introduction to the principles of the Scots law of contract and provides the reader with a clear analysis of this difficult area of the law.
This practical text:
- Illustrates the different types of contractual situations and examines the formation, performance and enforcement of contracts;
- Includes examples of typical contract clauses and treats remedies in detail;
- Is set in a comparative context and discusses the problems of cross-border and international contracts;
- Explains the underlying principles of contract law;
- Is written in a clear, well structured style and uses diagrams to illustrate complex situations.
The fifth edition covers key Supreme Court cases including Cavendish Square Holding BV v Tala El Makdessi and ParkingEye Limited v Beavis regarding penalty clauses. It also includes a new chapter on capacity to make a contract ie ‘Who can make a Contract?’