Corporation Tax 2021/22
This annual guide to corporation tax meets the everyday needs of the busy tax adviser. A collaboration by leading tax writers Satwaki Chanda, Jacquelyn Kimber and Andrew Parkes, Corporation Tax 2021/22 examines the rules, regulations and tax issues affecting companies in the UK.
The 2021/22 edition examines current legislation, changes to HMRC guidance and explores the following key developments:
- The rate of corporation tax is set to rise to 25% in 2023
- From 1 April 2023, the small profits rates with marginal relief to be reinstated
- Capital allowance tax breaks to encourage business investment
- Annual investment allowance to remain at £1 million until 31 December 2021
- A 130% superdeduction for investment in general plant and machinery
- A 50% special rate allowance for special rate assets (long life assets, integral features etc)
- A 100% first year allowance for investment in plant and machinery in a Freeport tax site
- Temporary extension of carry back relief for trade losses incurred in accounting periods ending between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021 from current 1 year carry back period to three years
This accessible reference guide has a user-friendly structure with 'signposts' at the beginning of each chapter to summarise key topics and 'focus points' throughout to highlight important issues, as well as numerous worked examples demonstrating how to apply the main principles in practice.
Last update: September 2021
Next update due: January 2022