Disclosure of Information: Norwich Pharmacal and Related Principles
Disclosure of Information: Norwich Pharmacal and Related Principles offers clear and concise procedural guidance and comprehensive legal analysis of the key ingredients of the jurisdiction dealing with:
· Discretion and scope of relief
It is the only book available that deals solely with this important and distinctive power of disclosure developed (and continuing to develop) in the English Courts.
This new Second Edition updates the English law position. In particular, it includes an up to date analysis of the applications of Norwich Pharmacal principles in the context of evidence for use in foreign proceedings. It also looks at developments in the extent to which relief can be obtained abroad. The Second Edition also now contains a Foreword written by The Rt. Hon. Professor Sir Robin Jacob, who was Junior Counsel in Norwich Pharmacal itself
This invaluable resource:
· considers Norwich Pharmacal orders in depth as well as examining the Bankers Trust jurisdiction and other species of relief such as third-party disclosure, pre-action disclosure and the use of subject access request
· addresses developments in the field of third party disclosure in proceedings issued against persons unknown
· includes practical examples illustrating how the jurisdiction is relevant in different scenarios that can be faced
· explores specific topics such as the use of Norwich Pharmacal against internet service providers and social media operators
· includes a chapter on the extra-territorial scope of the Norwich Pharmacal jurisdiction - of particular interest to litigators dealing with cross-border fraud issues
The book combines detailed legal commentary with sound practical guidance and is essential reading for litigation practitioners and practitioners involved in commercial disputes.