The Law of Limited Liability Partnerships
The Law of Limited Liability Partnerships, Fifth Edition is an indispensable book for all those who advise on the legal and taxation aspects of incorporating and running an LLP. It combines concise description, practical guidance and penetrating analysis of problem areas.
It also offers an international perspective through a comparative analysis of the UK LLP structure and those being enacted overseas in Canada, Dubai, India, Japan, Qatar, Singapore, the USA and other jurisdictions.
Comprehensively setting out the law of LLPs in England and Wales, the Fifth Edition includes coverage and analysis of:
- Newey J’s decision in Hosking v Marathon Asset Management LLP  on the application of the fiduciary forfeiture rule to LLP profit sharing
- the Court of Appeal decision in Grupo Mexico de CV v Registrar of Companies  on rectifying the companies and LLP registers
- recognition of the limited liability of foreign LLPs in the light of the Privy Council decision in Investec Trust (Guernsey) Limited v Glenella Properties Limited 
- ICC Jones’s decision in McTear v Eade  in relation to provability of debts owed to members and insolvency setoff
- decisions on section 214A of the Insolvency Act 1986
- further development of the law on repudiation of LLP agreements
- the continuing development of the law on discretionary decision making in the light of the Supreme Court decision in BP Shipping v Braganza  and on duties owed by LLP members
- decisions on derivative claims in Harris v Microfusion 2003-2 LLP  and Kallakis v AIB Group PLC 
- administration orders in Patley Wood Farm LLP v Brake 
Specialist contributors have written chapters on: Financial Services Regulation and LLPs; Taxation of LLPs; Members and Discrimination; and Whistleblower Protection.