Market Abuse and Insider Dealing
Market Abuse and Insider Dealing, 3rd edition provides a comprehensive exposition of the law of insider dealing and market abuse, including analysis of the interplay between UK Criminal law and Administrative law regulation of abusive behaviour in the UK financial markets.
The title covers areas including:
- Insider dealing – the civil law;
- The main offences for insider dealing;
- Market abuse – regulatory discipline and the civil law;
- Fraud offences as they relate to market abuse;
- Money laundering and market abuse;
- Conflicts of interest;
- The liability of issuers of securities in respect of disclosure and inside information;
- Information gathering, market surveillance, investigations and enforcement;
- Compliance systems and controls and control liability.
Includes the following legislation and case law:
- Financial Services Act 2012;
- New Financial Conduct Authority;
- New EU Market Abuse Regulation;
- MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive).