Money Laundering Compliance
What is Money Laundering (‘ML’)? How has the definition of ML expanded in recent years? Where does AML law and regulation come from? When must I report any ‘suspicion’?
Money Laundering Compliance is designed as a detailed reference source both on legal and technical details, as well as practical and procedural points. It provides a technical and practical overview of AML/CFT provisions in the UK and other key international jurisdictions including:
- Cayman Islands
- Isle of Man
- United States
The Fourth Edition has been completely revised in line with recent legislation and case law, with other key areas of change including:
- The impact of Brexit on the UK’s position vis-a-vis EU Law, and in particular in relation to the EU Money Laundering Directives covering AML/CFT matters
- ‘Economic Substance’ requirements in key jurisdictions
- A new chapter on FinTech, the host of AML/CFT RegTech websites/Mobile Apps, and the introduction of new methods of CDD verification
- A new chapter on crypto assets and regulation
- Current sanctions against defined Russian Oligarchs
- The general prohibition against the provision of trust and company services to certain ‘Russian-connected’ trusts
This essential resource ensures that finance professionals, private bankers, lawyers, trust and estate practitioners, regulators, compliance officers and other advisers remain up to date with this increasingly complex and crucial area of law.