Scottish Law of Leases
The comprehensive, up-to-date guide to the Scots law of landlord and tenant
Scottish Law of Leases, written in a clear and readable style, covers residential, commercial and agricultural leases and provides guidance on a wide range of topics including local authority tenancies, crofts, the Agricultural Holdings Acts and valuations of market rent.
The new edition:
- Takes full account of the many recent legislative changes including the Land Registration (Scotland) Act 2012 and the Long Leases (Scotland) Act 2012;
- Details relevant new case law including guidance on the effects of the Human Rights Act on tenancy evictions;
- Provides expanded coverage of common law and residential leases;
- Contains new chapters on repairs and private landlord regulation, including statutory provisions relating to antisocial behaviour notices, registration of private landlords, licensing of houses in multiple occupation, overcrowding statutory notices and tenancy deposit schemes.
- This highly regarded work provides lawyers and chartered surveyors, as well as students in these and related disciplines, with an invaluable source of reference.