Tax Implications on Family Breakdown
Co-written by a leading tax expert and a family lawyer, this book provides answers to the common problems encountered in financial remedy cases in a way that assists professionals from each discipline. Family law practitioners will find a grounding in tax to help them to spot issues that arise upon family breakdown or financial remedies proceedings, whilst tax practitioners have guidance on what to expect from the process working as Single Joint Experts. It enables these practitioners to engage successfully to ensure that all necessary information is available to the court, or within alternative dispute resolution processes.
The Second Edition covers a number of significant developments including:
- Up-to-date allowances and bands
- Changes to the rules regarding capital gains tax for divorcing couples
- Updated Stamp Duty Land Tax for couples
- Changes to corporation tax and its impact on how couples structure their finances
- The tightening of the rules, heightened judicial expectations of the selection process and the ways in which experts deliver their assistance to the court
- All precedents are available as electronic downloads
Combining concise and authoritative guidance to a complex and technically challenging area of law, supported by flowcharts and checklists, this work provides an expert inter-disciplinary approach for family and tax practitioners of all levels.