A User’s Guide to Data Protection: Law and Policy
Are you ready if a client wishes to make a data protection claim, or needs to defend one?
This work is a first port of call, providing clear guidance through the complex web of data protection issues and regulation in relation both to internal issues affecting employees, agents and contractors as well as external issues concerning customers, prospective customers and users across all data interface.
The Fourth Edition includes analysis of new cases and in-depth coverage of:
- The impact and review of the GDPR following implementation in May 2018
- Assessment of the new official guidelines
- The effect and potential impact in the UK of EU cases
- The influences of ICO in the new environment
- Status check on UK-EU data transfers and relations
- The new data fines and sanctions regime and updates on relevant cases from the UK and EU
- Detailed commentary and chapter on the groundbreaking case Schrems vs Facebook re Privacy Shield framework
- Consideration of the new Morrison’s employee data breach vicarious liability case
- The latest information on Commissioner Office investigations, reports, guidance and proceedings
- The UK data protection legal changes after Brexit day