Woods on Road Traffic Offences
Road Traffic Offences are by far the most prosecuted type of criminal offence in the Courts of Ireland. Woods on Road Traffic Offences provides a single of point of reference for road traffic law, covering the investigation, prosecution and the hearing of offence cases.
The book covers a wide range of topics including detecting traffic violations, careless driving, parking and obstruction offences, and lighting of vehicles. These are set out in a straightforward and helpful manner. The statutory provision is set out along with the potential penalties and possible defences.
This new edition has been extensively revised and rewritten. In particular this new edition has been updated to include:
- The enactment of Road Traffic act 2010 which substantially overhauls the landscape on driving offences.
- New EU rules for maximum daily and fortnightly driving times, as well as daily and weekly minimum rest periods for all drivers of road haulage and passenger transport vehicles.
- Legislative changes in the area of Public Service Vehicles
- Considerable amendments to the Finance Acts as they relate to Road Traffic Offences
The relevant cases, legislation and Acts covered include:
- European Union (Road Transport) (Working Conditions and Road Safety) Regulations 2017
- Road Traffic Act 2014
- Taxi Regulation Act 2013
- Road Traffic Act 2010
- Public Transport Regulation Act 2009
- Roads Act 2007
- Waste Management (Amendment) Act 2001